Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bird Nerd


Anyone that knows me well knows that I am pretty much a 92 year old woman inside a 32 year old body.  I like reading and sipping tea (with toast for dinner - completely reasonable), looking at quilts, cuddling with cats, going to bed at 8:30 whenever possible,  and birds.  Yep.  I love birds.  I was in Bella Coola with my hubs recently and I dropped (literally) everything to follow after a Stellar Jay (it was my first sighting - very exciting).  According to my son I have waaaaaaaaay too many bird things (mugs, blankets, pictures, laptop case, etc.), but I think Go Big or Go Home. 

So naturally, when I saw this noble little cardinal, he had to be mine.  Also, there's a Dicken's quote in this set.  What?!  I know.  Amazing. (It's a different one than what's showing...  Also, wouldn't it be funny to have a really skinny little bird at an empty feeder that says, "Please sir, can I have some more?")


At Christmas I send out a lot of cards, and it's a RIP OFF to send ones that are more than one layer up (like $1.75 or some darn thing) which is fine when it's one or two cards, but not 40.  So, this lovely specimen will be making the rounds to quite a few homes this year.



 Another thing I like about this card is the ability to produce a lot of them quite easily.  You could stamp your image and do the sponging, then head to the couch and watch Pride and Prejudice (or any Austen film of  your choosing) to colour.  However, if watching P&P, make sure not to have a marker in your hand when Mr Darcy graces the screen - he deserves your full attention.  (If you're a Bronte fan, the Jane Eyre with Michael Fassbender would also be a suitable choice here).









2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....not only do I now NEED this stamp set, I MUST watch some sort of British movie or television program! Michael Fassbender in Jane Eyre? How did I not know this occurred? Ok. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration....I'm turning on my tv right at this moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and yes (you need this set, and you need to watch some sort of British show - Downton Abbey & Call the Widwife are also good choices, though both are lacking in exceedingly handsome and strapping protagonists). You are on the right track to complete happiness. Fassbender is sure to make you fall in love with Mr Rochester.

    ReplyDelete