Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hello again... (Freshly Made Sketches 145)

Wow.  They don't delete your blog after an 18 month hiatus?  Nice.  Long story short, I've been doing a master's program.  It finished in May, but I needed some time to clear my head before venturing into anything new (or old) again.

So for my first challenge back, I headed straight to an old favourite, Freshly Made Sketches!  My personal preference is for messy, distressed cards, so I love this challenge.  It forces me to do something out of my normal zone.


I always seem to have 9,432 cards on hand, 3 of which are masculine.  So, in an effort to bring that total to at least 10, here's the first.  I love this set (Wetlands).  I'm a Canadian girl from an area that is teeming with Canadian Geese (which I love, except when their poop is all over the beach), so he makes me pretty happy.



I coloured him in but the image was just too stark so I cut out a mask and did some sponging - much better.  I really wanted to distress the edges, but this is not that kind of card, so I left it nice and clean.

So after a long haul away from stamping (like going in my room once every 6 months) I am thrilled to be back at it, and thanks to the girls from FMS for helping get my mojo back!

1 comment:

  1. Love your soft coloring! Pretty image! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete