Monday, August 6, 2012

Mosaic Stamping



A while back I posted this entry about mosaic stamping.  After I made that card I went in a little binge doing a bunch of cards with emboss reveal and the mosaic.  I love the effect it gives you.  This weekend, my dear cousin Amber came down and we had a little craft-o-rama on the afternoon.  One of the techniques I showed her was how to make this mosaic stamp.  It's a great way to use all that left over rubber.  If you don't have one of these made already, I suggest you do so.  You'll love it!


After a nice jog with a friend this morning followed by a few cups of coffee, I headed out to the room to see what I could come up with.  There were bits of rubber all over the place, so I decided to make myself another mosaic stamp.  Then of course I had to play with it, so here's what I did.  I took my Old Olive, More Mustard, and Pool Party re-inkers and blotted them directly onto the rubber.  Then I spritzed my stamp with some Stampin' Mist to make the colours run a bit and to get the ink to space out a bit.  I stamped the ink off once on a window sheet so I could squish the stamp down to get the ink to fully cover all of the blocks.  Then I misted it again and stamped it onto some Very Vanilla cardstock.


I then decided I wanted some texture, so I ran it through with the Chevron EF before matting.  At first I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it, but then I had a moment of inspiration and pulled out Daring Adventure.  I love the effect it gives since the ink doesn't completely get into the depressed part of the paper.  Finally topped it off with a sentiment and voila!

1 comment: