Thursday, July 19, 2012

SUO Challege - Thank You



 After spending about five hours out in the craftroom today, I decided to call it quits.  After one more card.  Okay two, but anyways....

I bookmarked the Stampin' Up Only Challenge page a while back and finally got around to it today.  This week's challenge is a special thank you.  I love using layers, textures, ribbons, brads, and distressing.  This card gave me a chance to do it all!


The image is Hello Doily.  I stamped it in Primrose Petals, then stamped it off once to lighten the colour a bit.  Then I used my sponge daubers and added a little Soft Suede.  Next I inked up the inside of my Vintage Wallpaper EF with Soft Suede (just a little but) and ran my stamped piece through the Big Shot.  Finally, I punched the layers and added the ribbon.  The seam binding ribbon is perfect for this style, and I made a decadent three layer bow to go behind my vintage brad.  The sentiment is from Apothecary Art.  I love how elegant the font is.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!! This is truly stunning! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! It's easy to make beautiful cards when we've got such great products to work with. Have an amazing day!

      Delete
  2. THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE CREATION!!

    ReplyDelete