Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Papaya Collage (SUO Challenge - For the Birds)


I am in L.O.V.E.!  I’ve had this set for about two weeks but since I’ve only started back in my craft room recently, it took me until today to mount it.  Why?!  This is by far my favourite stamp set.  Sorry Elements of Style.  Move over Creative Elements.  There’s a new kid in town.  Over at Stampin' Up Only challenges, they've got a "For the Birds" challenge this week, and the image in this set is nothing short of stunning.  It was a perfect fit for my current project.

 
This weekend will be the start of my summer at the Farmer’s Market.  It runs from 8:30 to 1:30 on Fridays in a little parking lot in town.  It’s a lovely way to spend the morning – wandering and chatting with other vendors.  There’s some amazing produce and locally raised beef products.  And of course, there’s crafty stuff like what I bring.


Last summer I started making a few journals to bring and they were a hit!  I usually sold out of them each time I brought them so I’m trying to get  a little ahead of the game this year.
 


So this morning I came out to make some more cards and get a whack of journals done but then it happened.  I mounted Papaya Collage.  That was at about 11:30.  It’s now almost 2:30 and I’ve only made two journals.  Blame the stamps!
 


I’ve been stamping, tearing, inking, embossing, distressing, and stamping some more.  This set has endless potential for what you can do with it.
 


I love the combination of Pool Party and Soft Suede, but I threw some black into the mix this time and an pretty pleased with how it pops.

Just for fun, I decided to ink up some scraps of Wisteria Wonder, and it turned into another journal.












6 comments:

  1. Ooo, these journals are simply beautiful! I can see why they are so popular at the Farmer's Market. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set too! Your journals are lovely!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your journals are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing that, think I just may join in that too!!! I LOVE your blog Crystal!!! I'll be stalking...I mean following you from now on! Enjoy your day, hope you have time for creating/reading and enjoying the Farmer's Market today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the comments ladies! I'm feeling crafty this morning so back to the room for me! Have a fab weekend!

      Delete
  4. But when the projects are this pretty, well...it is hard to blame the stamps! ;-) These are really beautiful! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning!! One of my favorite entries in our challenge this week - you did a wonderful job of capturing that shabby chic feel and the quilt block effect is awesome!!! Thanks for playing along in our challenge! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete