Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mojo Monday 249 - You're Amazing


What a busy weekend.  My dear cousin's step-dad passed away last week so we were busy this weekend with a memorial service for him.  Rather than than the traditional cry-your-eyes out type of service (which would not have been his style) we had more pf a party.  We decorated the hall with mementos from his life, and shared stories to make everyone laugh.  Quite a send off.

Did I mention it's been SWELTERING here lately?  All of this was done in a hall that did not have AC, so I've been sweaty and sticky for two days straight.


I'm home today however, and staying in my craft room for the remainder of the day.  It's scorching hot outside, but my room is in the garage where it's nice and cool.  Even the pets have found their way out here to try and escape the heat.



Today's card uses the Mojo Monday sketch as a base for this birthday card.  The elephant and ticket stamp are from You're Amazing.  It's a super fun little set that I think I'll get some good mileage out of.  The balloon is really neat too, and I thought about using that, but I wanted an image that I could colour.  (See following post for a lesson on colouring.)   The paper is from Birds of a Feather (also used on another card last week).  I'm still a little sad about losing Poppy Parade to make room for the new In Colours this year, but they're certainly growing on me.  The base of the card is Summer Starfruit, and the panel base is Raspberry Ripple.  That luscious ribbon is the Stitched Satin in Primrose Petals.  Island Indigo also makes an appearance on the DSP base.




No comments:

Post a Comment