Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #125




 A few days ago one of my darling friends told me that she's pregnant!  This is very exciting news.  She and her husband have been discussing having a baby for a couple of years now (this summer is their second anniversary) so I was delighted to hear the news.  They are a most loving and kind couple, whom any baby would be lucky to call Mom and Dad.

So it is with them in mind that I made this card this morning.  Hand Stamped Sentiments has a colour challenge for  us this week and I knew that this little ducky had to make an appearance with this combo.  I had thought about making it a birthday card, but then immediately knew a baby card would be better.



He's one of the critters from the new set Storybook Friends.  I don't make a whole lot of chidren's cards, but I knew I needed this set as soon as I laid eyes on it.   The little fox is about the cutest thing I've ever seen, and I'm pretty much in love with the rabbit as well.  Maybe I'll try them out this afternoon sometime.

If you're looking for a new set to make playful cards with, I highly recommend this one.  You could easily not ink the word at the bottom (as I did with my baby card) and add whatever sentiment you feel like.  I think they would be particularly cute for birthday cards for small people, or even invitations.



Since the baby that I am so excited about isn't coming for another six months or so, I'll have plenty of time to make another card, so I'd love to give this one away to someone who is in need of a baby card!  if you'd like to enter into the draw, please leave a comment and next Wednesday I'll announce the winner and ask for your address.  I'll also stamp each of the images in Brown Staz On for you to use on your own cards.  And if you love the set as much as I do, email me to order it and you''ll receive free shipping.

Hope to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card. Great use of color, textures and your coloring on the stamped image is so nice! Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments and congrats to your friends and the baby on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the Chevron EF and the Storybook Friends is perfect. Great use of the color challenge. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute!!! Great layout!!! Love all the texture!!! The duck image is perfect for the color challenge- so cute!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!! I'm a new follower to your blog! I'm here from HSS. I entered the challenge too! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, this is so cute and I love the colors for a baby card! That little goose...or is it a duck...is cute! I also love the embossing and label shape! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love and dislike this card all in one....I took this stamp set off my order, and seeing this card makes me want it!! Such a sweet baby card, and you did such a great job with the coloring. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete