Friday, July 6, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #42 - Morning Cup


What's this bright thing filling the sky making it all bright outside?  I think it rhymes with 'fun'.  Did you know that the sky could be blue? I had forgotten that.  While those of you back east have been enjoying a heat wave, we westerners have developed webbed feet to accommodate the wet.  Seriously.  It's been raining FOREVER.  The last nice weekend we had was back in May.  The sun made an appearance around 1:30 yesterday (amidst clouds, mind you, but an appearance nevertheless) and seems to have stuck around.  This is the first morning for like 6 weeks that the sky's been blue.  And I have to go to the Farmer's Market.  Boo!



But I digress.  Yesterday morning I saw the sketch on Freshly Made Sketches.  [I feel the need to add in here how much I like these sketches.  I usually distress the heck out of my cards in one way or another, and wasn't a big fan of "clean" until I started following this blog.  It's still not my trademark style, but I have grown quite fond of it.  So a big thanks to the ladies that work so hard every week to bring us a new sketch.]



I like this card for a number of reasons.  1.  It's got steaming cups of (insert favourite hot beverage here) in adorable little cups.  2.  It uses Stampin' Up's Morning Cup stamp set which is a really great set if you like colouring.  3.  I got to put my new In Colours to use.  4.  The strip of DSP is from a new series that I really like, Birds of  a Feather, and it gives the card something funky and narrowed my pallet.

I meant to post this yesterday, but the battery on my camera was dead, and then I got lost in the time-warp that is my craft room.  THEN the sun came out, so I had to get my book and proceeded to spend the next three hours reading in the sun.  (Anyone read George RR Martin's Clash of Kings?  Loving it!)  Then it was dinner time, and I still hadn't gotten everything together for the market today.  Speaking of which, I got up early to do that, not to blog....

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Love the coloring in these cups! What a fun card and that DSP panel is just great! So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches and thrilled you got some time to read in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments about the Freshly Made Sketches challenges. We have a lot of fun putting the sketches together and sharing our cards so its especially nice to "hear" your kind words.

    As a big coffee lover, I can't help but love this card! Great texture, great colors and a fabby image make one fine card in my book! Thanks for playing along with us and I hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crystal Dawn,

    I'm so glad that you got the chance to read in the sun. There's nothing better than that! I've nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award for your great cards, but also for the stories that you share about your life! You can see what I wrote on my blog: http://dianestamps.com/2012/07/thank-you-c-j/.

    More information about the Illuminating Blogger Award is here:
    http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/

    Thanks again for your inspiration! <3, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally digging your adorable, bright tea cups! Your textured background and designer paper add just the right amount of fun. :) Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! I love the cheery colors you selected! We certainly could have used some of your rain here in Iowa! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete