Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dynamic Duos - Crumb Cake & Early Espresso



I have a bunch of work to do today.  That means that I'm feeling really creative and spend the whole morning in my craft room instead of doing what I should be doing.  I can't help it - especially when Dynamic Duos posts one of my favourite colour combinations. 



You can never go wrong with Crumb Cake.  It provides a lovely contrast for Early Espresso.  I've been wanting to use this stamp for a while, but it doesn't leave room for a whole lot else on the card, and I was having trouble finding a background that I liked for it.  Alas, this morning I was inspired (or procrastinating - your choice).  The texture and matting of this card provide a nice balance for such a large sentiment.



I knew that I wanted to give this card to my Mother-in-law, but I also wanted something else to slip in with it.  This little bookmark is the perfect thing.  Well, it's not little, but it's lovely.  I decided to stick with the colour scheme here as well.



These gigantic paperclips make perfect bases for flower bookmarks.  I have a feeling I'm going to go on a binge making these type of flowers, so stay tuned for a picture tutorial on how to make them.  The picture doesn't really do it justice.




7 comments:

  1. Two BEAUTIFUL creations, love the elegant feel to them both. I really like your use of the lace trim!! Thanks for,playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace ribbon you added!
    You created such an elegant card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wait too long on that tutorial. I have plenty that I SHOULD be doing but would welcome the chance to procrastinate and make one of these adorable bookmarks too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture and the new image you used for your card and your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card with gorgeous texture! The bookmark is lovely too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love how you tied your lace ribbon. Your book mark is stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with the lace ribbon and elegant embossing! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete