Saturday, March 17, 2012

A La Card Monkey #100




I've been wanting to make a giant cupcake for sometime now, so when I saw this sketch I knew it was fate!  Just looking at this card makes my teeth hurt, thinking of the ooey, gooey icing applied in copious amounts to any respectable cupcake.




I chose a sweet colour scheme to build my card on.  Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, and Chocolate Chip (of course!).  The whimsy swirls of Curly Cute seemed the perfect match.  Some Vanilla Smooth and Dazzling Diamonds add a little glitz to this sugary number.  Now all it needs is a big glass of milk.

Happy 100th sketch Card Monkey!

6 comments:

  1. MMMMMM, that does look yummy! I love the way you did the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute!!! Love the pretty color combo!!! The frosting is a great touch!!! Thanks for playing along with A La Card Monkey- GD, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the icing! And I agree that your cupcake looks delicious. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a delicious looking cupcake! Love it. Your DSPs are terrific. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy is right!! Love how you used the glitter and the embossing folder on the icing!! Thanks for joining us on our 100th Challenge, don't forget to add a link to our blog.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, how that three dimensions of that cupcake pop! Love it!

    Traci

    ReplyDelete