Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vintage Butterflies



While I was eating dinner the other night this card popped into my head.  As soon as I finished eating I raced to my room and started putting it together.  The lighting in my craft room isn't great, but I knew that it was going to be beautiful as soon as it started coming together.

You really can't go wrong with blues and browns (I think I've said that a few times before) and Pool Party with Soft Suede is no exception.

I usually use my brayer when inking an embossing folder, but this time I just rubbed directly from the pad onto the folder so that the ink wouldn't be uniform.  I was delighted when I pulled the paper out, but felt that the Pool Party was a little bright so I daubed a little ink over a few of the raised parts as well.  I played with a few of my vanilla ribbons before settling on the Victoria Trim.  None of the others could hold a candle to its match with the distressed antique look.  The French script (thank you once again En Francais) and the little pearls on the butterfly put this card over the top.  Though I didn't want to part with it, I sent it off to my mother in law for her birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment