Thursday, January 5, 2012

How Great Is Vintage?


Don't tell my husband, but back in December when SU released a bunch of stuff on the clearance rack, I went a little crazy.  I ordered every punch that I didn't already have.  That meant that when the Purolator man showed up, I was the proud owner of 7 new punches.

The five petal flower punch was one that I thought about buying, but wasn't crazy about.  However, for $13.59, who could say no?  So I added it to my cart.  Once the madness of Christmas finally died down, I was able to get back into my room and play a little.


I've had this set, Creative Elements, on my shelf for a while but just hadn't gotten around to using it yet.    Today would be the day.  I felt like making something vintage looking, and knew I had to work this new punch in somehow.  Here's what I came up with.


I've been on a bit of a binge lately roughing up my edges with scissors.  I love how it gives the card a worn look.  Blues and browns together are a great, so I knew they would come together nicely. The background stamping doesn't stand out, but it does what I wanted it to.  I was worried that Marina Mist was going to be a little strong, but it was the perfect amount.  I think Bashful Blue would have been overpowered by the print.  To top it off I added a few peals up in the corner, and a strip of Victorian trim along the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment