Monday, January 2, 2012

Bring on the Cake!


Christmas is finally over (I love Christmas, but isn't it exhausting?) so I can get back to making other cards.  I've cleaned and packed away my holiday sets and spent some time looking through the ones that I've been neglecting for the past few months.

Speaking of Christmas, one of the gifts that I made for my mother-in-law was a box full of cards for every occasion.  I told her that throughout the year I would make more and send them down to her.  Kind of a perpetual gift.

It seems that I go through a lot of birthday and thank you cards, so I decided that's where I'd start.  Her birthday is actually later this month, so I thought I'd better get going.



I love the DSP Just Add Cake.  It really has nothing to do with birthdays, but the colour scheme is great.  I've made up one masculine, and one more feminine.  I always find it hard to come up with manly cards, but I think this one does the trick.  It doesn't scream masculine, but I think the colours fit the bill.


The second card could be switched up with a non-pink cupcake and some different ribbon for a less girly version as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment