Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Attic Boutique


 The new Stampin Up Occasions Mini has a LOT of good things in it.  Don't ask me if I've already ordered most for myself (I have).  Attic Boutique is one of the new DSPs and I am smitten.  I love the mix of colours and the patters they've chosen.  Perfect as a simple card layered with just a little ribbon.  For this first one I clear embossed the Medallion background stamp and then took my brayer and covered the rest up with Soft Suede.  The new Pool Party seam binding ribbon really caps it off.  This is one of the cards my ladies will be making this month.



This one also utilizes Attic Boutique, one of the nice backgrounds offered my the series.  I've embossed it with the Elegant Soiree folder, and then heat embossed some white powder onto Poppy Parade for my tea cup, from the new set Tea Shoppe.  I am a tea granny, so as soon as I saw this set, I knew it had to appear on my shelf.  Keep checking back here for more samples with this set over the next few weeks.

                              

I love the quilting technique.  I used it a lot back with last year's mini and the Springtime Vintage DSP. I CASEd this layout from someone out there in card land (if it was you, please give me your name and I'll happily give you credit!).  I thought the quilting look would look great with this antique looking paper.  After I "quilted" the paper, it was still missing something so I added the frame.  Still didn't look quite right so I played with ribbons, choosing the Victoria Crochet trim in the end.  I love the different textures on this card.



No comments:

Post a Comment