Thursday, September 22, 2011


Yes, I am the worst blogger ever.  As soon as real life starts, blogging gets dumped.  Spring break?  Great time for blogging.  Long weekends?  Also great.  Summer holidays?  When could be a better time to devote myself to regular posts.  Back to work in September? .....  Is that the sound of crickets I hear?  Might as well be.

In between going back to work, teaching a new course, prepping for craft fairs, and putting on workshops, I have had very little time for blogging.  My apologies to anyone in cyberspace that actually gives a you-know-what.  But, here I am, cramming in a post when I really want to be cramming baked goods into my mouth while sitting in front of the fireplace watching The Borgias.

Last weekend I had an awesome workshop with all new ladies, and had a blast.  We were quite the bunch.  Lots of giggles and some beautiful cards were the result of our morning.  These are 2 of the cards we created.

The first one was really the first time I'd attempted emboss reveal on such a large scale.  I love how the white medallion stands out against the Island Indigo.  It's a little hard to see the background image that lies beneath the medallion, but it's lovely French script, courteousy of En Francais.  I inked EF in Daffodil Delight and stamped the image.  Then I inked the heck of of the Medallion with Versamark (wonder-ink extraordinaire).  After that it took a little plunge into come clear embossing powder and ran over it with my heat tool.  I used a brayer to ink the rest of the card, and wiped off the Medallion when I was satisfied with my coverage.


This card was a snap to put together.  I don't think it really needs any explanation, but I guess you could do some stamping on the Crumb Cake if you really wanted to.  I didn't.  Obviously.

Stamps:  Medallion, En Francais
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Wiseria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, First Edition DSP
Extras:  Clear embossing powder, heat tool, Fun Flowers die, Crumb Cake buttons, Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon, hemp twine

1 comment:

  1. love your medallion card -- glad your new ladies (and you) had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete