Sunday, August 14, 2011

Patience is a Virtue (however overrated it may be)


As promised, here is a shot of one of my new toys.  On my little trip to Ever After (where I spent way more than I intended) the girl who owns the shop told me all about this little toy.  It's a set of dies that cut neat little strips which you use with a quilling tool to make these chrysanthemums.

I carried it around the store with me for about half an hour before deciding that I would take the hit and buy it.  I've been on a little binge making these tiny journals (you can't tell in the photo, but it's only 4.5" X 3.25" - really cute) and this was the perfect place to put a little flower.  I use my larger flower dies for the regular sized journals that I make, but this one was a little small for that so I tried it out here instead.  I think it would be the perfect little gift for someone's purse, or for a small person that wanted to have a beginner diary.  It took me a bit of fidgeting and more patience than I wanted to exercise, but it came out looking pretty great.




Paper:  Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight
Extras:  Cuttlebug Chrysanthemum die, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment