Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cherries and Olives



I was in Costco this weekend, and I saw that they had their Christmas cards out.  Yay!  I am fully justified in posting Christmas stuff regularly.  I've been cooking up cards that I can use in a Christmas card buffet, and this is one of the newest.  I posted some cards that use the snowflakes from this set, but this is the main image.  I love swirly things, and I LOVE Christmas, (especially the tree) so this is a perfect set for me.  What I like about this card is the texture of it.  I stamped the notes on a piece of Very Vanilla, and then used Versamark to stamp the tree.  I then applied some clear embossing powder and heated it up with my heat tool.  Once the paper had cooled a little, I daubed my sponge into some Old Olive, and went in small circles from the inside of the tree out.  After each application I wiped off the excess ink from the embossed area, revealing the resisted imaged below.  I'm envisioning doing the same with some silver and navy ink as well.

Stamps:  Snow Swirled
Ink:  Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Extras:  Scallop Trim punch, clear embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment