Monday, July 25, 2011

In LOVE



About 10 days ago I decided to try my hand at a ribbon share.  Everyone loves ribbon, but who needs 10 yards of the same colour?  Well, maybe you do, but I certainly don't.  Let's check that - my bank account doesn't need 10 yards of each of the colours out there.  That's more accurate.  Anywho, I posted a ribbon share on my SU page an offered it to my stamp club ladies as well.  It showed up this morning and I was sooo excited it get going on it.  When I say "it" I'm talking about 370 yards of various beauties, the In Colour Ruffled collection being one of them.




The Scallop Dots collection is also new to Stampin' Up this year, and I can see that it's going to do very well.  It's a really nice weight, and the colours they're offering are great.




I also ordered the Taffeta collection, though I wasn't sure I was going to like it all that much.  Turns out I love it too!  It's a really nice light weight, good for draping and bow making.  So how long did it take me to cut up 370 yards of ribbon into 1 yard lengths?  Not too long actually.  I was a horrible friend and mentioned to my lovely friend Heath that I had some cutting to do and asked if she'd help me, knowing full well that she would.  So when I turned on my cell this morning, there was already a message from her asking what time I was coming by.  What a dear.  So we cut and chatted and it was done before we knew it!

After cutting it all up I raced home to package it all up so I could send it out to the ladies anxiously awaiting.  On that note, I'm going to tie a ribbon around this post and get to crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment