Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Girls' Night (well, evening anyways - we're not spring chickens anymore!)


Tonight I had a few girls from my Stamp Club come over to use my tools try out their new goodies.  Eating baked brie with roasted garlic and drinking wine is about the only thing I can think of that makes stamping even better than it already is.  This is really the first time venturing into crafting for one of my friends, so she took a little while to get going.  "I like it when we have the class and you have everything ready for us and just tell us what to do."  I smiled a little.  But after the first hour or so she was in full swing and made some really cute cards.  They each ended up making three cards, but I ended up with only one.  I will always choose helping someone else try something new over making my own cards on nights like these.  

Anywho, here's what I ended up with.  I've had Fox and Friends sitting around for quite some time now but hadn't felt the mood strike me up until now.  I took the colour combo from the holiday mini (you have to wait until September to see!).  There's a beautiful new paper and fabric series called Spice Cake.  I never would have thought to put these unlikely partners together, but they look really beautiful.  The lighting's a bit poor in this picture, but you get the idea.  I think I'll try this card again in a girly pallet too.

Stamps:  Fox and Friends, Petite Pairs
Ink:  More Mustard, Pool Party, River Rock, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: River Rock, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Extras:  Postage Stamp punch, Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment