Friday, June 24, 2011

Love Of My Life


No, I don't mean my husband, though technically, I guess he's pretty good too. :)  This week is exam week at school which means there are a few times when I have to sit at my desk (which I never do) and invigilate.  This is VERY boring.  Genius that I am, I brought my new IB&C with me and put little stickies all over it (colour coded for when I will order the products).  I was very excited to get home and craft for a bit, so I called my bestie and raced home to pull out my goods.


There always seem to be a few things that I love love love from SU, so I think that I will try and mention a few of them each week.  This week I love love love Wisteria Wonder.  This is one of the new In Colours, and I was very happy to see it appear.  Previously, the purples of SU were great, but really lacking in the subtle department.  Perfect Plum is lovely, but not always what I'm looking for.  This gorgeous shade is sure to make appearances in many of my creations.

The next thing that I love love love this week is one of my newest sets, Herb Expressions.  This set's been around for a while, but I only recently purchased it.  I really like the images, and the sentiments are equally great.  I'm already thinking of all the things I can do with this beautiful set.  I think it will be a theme set for a club...


And finally, this isn't an SU product, but something I saw online and said, "Oh my god, I need one of those," and wrangled a kid into making for me.  I can't remember where I saw it, but whist surfing around looking at crafting ideas, I came cross this AMAZING idea.  Let me start by telling you how much I HATE tying bows.  I despise it.  Loathe it.  Spend 15 minutes fiddling with each one I make so that it looks good, just to realize it was better in the first place and I have to start all over again.  ARG!!  Alas, fear not those of you who share my abhorrence towards these necessary little evils!  You need one of these:


I know.  You're already thinking, "Why didn't I think of that already?"  All you do is wrap your ribbon around these little pegs in a figure 8, then twist once at the back (think twist-tie), bring one piece under and around to the front to make the middle part of the bow, and then tie in the back.  Voila!  You have a perfect bow!  No more fidgeting to get the loops to look nice.  You can make it with just one set of loops, or as many as you please.  The 2 cards on this page each have 2 loops - I think it's kind of awesome like that.  I like my bows to be quite small, so the pegs are close together, but you could customize the distance between them based on your own preferences.

So there you have it.  My love love loves of this week:
 
1.  Wisteria Wonder
2.  Herb Expressions
3.  Peg board bow tying amazingness

Stamps:  Herb Expressions
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, First Edition, Very Vanilla
Extras:  Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, round corner punch, Regals collection brads

No comments:

Post a Comment