Saturday, March 19, 2011

Paisley Petals


This is the newest designer paper put out by Stampin' Up (available in the new catalogue coming in July).  There are 6 different prints that all work nicely together.  I wasn't too sure how much I liked this red one, but it's grown on me over the past few days.  It's not a colour I would usually choose to work with so it gave me a chance to go outside my comfort zone.

Stamps:  Clearly For You
Paper:  River Rock, Paisley Petals
Ink:  River Rock, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Extras:  Whisper White Ribbon, Basic Jewels Pearls



I love Baja Breeze so I was thrilled to see it used so much in this colour palette.  The clean lines  of this card give it a touch of mordernity  juxtaposed against the heritage feel of the pattern.


Stamps:  Elements of Style
Paper:  River Rock, Baja Breeze, Paisley Petals
Ink:  River Rock, Crumb Cake
Extras:  Modern Label Punch, Basic Jewels Pearls







I wanted to make something on a larger scale to really show off this print so I made up this altered journal.  Right now I am slightly obsessed with making these paper flowers, so it seemed a perfect fit to give the cover a vintage feel.















 Here's a detail of the flower, as well as the tag to keep your place, or to use as a bookmark.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment