Saturday, March 5, 2011

Black & White

Disdain filled my heart this morning as I looked out the kitchen window this morning just after waking, anxious to get the coffee brewing.  Giant white flakes were falling to the ground.  I am soooo over winter and ready for spring.  Once the coffee was brewed I headed into my craft room and thought about what I felt like making.  The snow outside (horrible, beautiful stuff that it is) inspired me to use white.  I don't usually use white because it's so, well, white.  However, I happened to have left some black cardstock on the top of my pile and I quickly decided it was high time for some classic black and white.  I had a workshop planned for the afternoon so I knew I didn't have much time before I had to gather my things and head out, but I managed to get this little gem started before I headed out.

The workshop was great.  I love bringing newbies over to the dark side.  It's so satisfying to see the transition between I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing-this-is-too-hard-I-hate-this-I-can't-do-it, to the much more positive Yay!-Look-at-me-!-I-made-something-amazing!  This is the great thing about making cards.  Small, manageable, and immediate gratification.  Though it takes a while to get going, the balls rolls along pretty darn smoothly once it's going.  The ladies made some great cards and I look forward to delivering their orders so we can all get together and play again.

So when I finally got home this evening I managed to get around to finishing my card.  Here's the result.
 

Elements of Style is probably my favourite set.  I love the big images, and the little hummingbird is  graceful and refined. 

Stamps:  Elements of Style (120045)
Paper:  Basic Black (121045), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Versamark (102283)
Extras: White Embossing Powder (109132)

No comments:

Post a Comment